Barograph Made By Fischer Germany 207MQ
All of the brands sold in our store come with an Authentic Manufacturers Warranty guaranteeing you peace of mind.
- Olympic Swiss Watches 2-year warranty
- Royal London Watches 2 year Warranty
- Fischer Weather Instruments 2 year warranty [ Note that we are the Service agents for this Brand]
- All other products come with a 1-year warranty
We carefully selected these brands as they are high quality and seldom have issues. But if they ever do - you know you are covered by a warranty. We also service all of these brands in our service center should your product be out of warranty and you are wondering where to get it fixed
Watch Doctor Head Office
117 Conway St
HOW MUCH DOES SHIPPING COST?
FREE SHIPPING on all orders to Australia and New Zealand.
HOW DOES FREE SHIPPING WORK?
We offer free shipping in New Zealand and Australia and because we have built up very good relationships with our freight forwarders they have offered us great buying rates that we are happy to pass onto you.
Watch this video with our owner Cameron to learn more about shipping
WHEN WILL MY ORDER BE DISPATCHED?
We will endeavour to ship your order that day, or let you know if we anticipate any delay.
WHERE IS MY ORDER SHIPPED FROM?
Our little workshop can be found in Hoon Hay in Christchurch, New Zealand. We work Monday - Friday 9 am - 5pm New Zealand Time.
WHAT COURIER COMPANY DO YOU USE?
- We use a variety of courier companies depending on your location and time frames.All companies we use offer a track and trace on all parcels.
- In New Zealand, we send orders either by NZ post couriers or for the bigger parcels we send via castle parcels.
- In Australia, we send via Pack & Send door to door or New Zealand post to Australia or you can pick up from one of their locations.
- All items are track and traced.
OUR PREFERRED COURIER COMPANIES ARE:
- NZ post and NZ couriers for most of the small packages like watches
- Castle Parcels for most of the medium to large parcels in New Zealand , commonly used for Barometers and weather stations
- NZ post international courier
- Australia Post
HOW LONG WILL MY ORDER TAKE TO ARRIVE?
- New Zealand orders usually arrive in 2 - 5 Working Days.
Australian orders usually arrive within 6 - 8 working Days
For Citizen Watches add extra da
New Zealand and Austalia are free but we reserve the right to contact you if there are any other charges.
HOW MUCH DOES INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COST?
At present mainly New and Australia but happy to send to any other country . We will contact you if we cannot supply.
HOW TO YOU PACK THE ORDER TO ENSURE IT DOES NOT GET DAMAGED?
All products are packaged in a box and bubble wrapped for extra protection. All barometers and combined instruments are packaged separately in a neutral coloured, fully recyclable cardboard box . Consisting of a least 60% recycled paper. We realise that clocks & barometers are delicate , learn more about our and the lengths we go to, to ensure your orders arrive in great condition. We realise that clocks & barometers are delicate , learn more about our packaging practices and the lengths we go to, to ensure your orders arrive in great condition.
HOW DO YOU PACKAGE BAROMETERS AND WEATHER EQUIPMENT FOR SHIPPING?
- All products are packaged in a box and bubble wrapped for extra protection.
- All barometers and combined instruments are packaged separately.
- Orders are packaged in a neutral coloured, fully recyclable cardboard box . Consisting of a least 60% recycled paper.
HOW DO YOU PACKAGE WATCHES FOR SHIPPING?
All Watches are packaged in a box and bubble wrapped for extra protection.
HOW DO YOU PACKAGE CLOCKS FOR SHIPPING?
All Clocks are packaged in a box and bubble wrapped for extra protection.
Should you ever find there is a problem with the item you have purchased please call Cameron (the watch doctor). 0800693583
DO YOU OFFER GIFT WRAPPING?
Yes we do. You need to add gift wrapping to your cart (which you can find here) and this will give you gift wrapping options for that product and bring up a box where you can add your personalised message.
HOW MUCH DOES GIFT WRAPPING COST?
Gift wrapping is free of charge with every order and we also throw in a gift card with your personalised message.
CAN I ADD A NOTE WITH MY GIFT?
Yes, when you "add" gift wrapping there is a box where you can let us know what message you would like to send with your gift.
WILL YOU SHIP TO THE GIFT RECEIVERS ADDRESS?
Yes, we do! Why pay for shipping twice? To arrange shipping direct to their door, simply fill out their information in the delivery/shipping details when you are in our online checkout
HOW IS IT PACKAGED?
We package the watches, barometers in gender neutral wrapping paper, adorn it with a bow that won't get squashed in the mail and once it's gift wrapped we will bubble wrap it or use reinforced cardboard to ensure it arrives in tip-top Condition.For more Details about shipping and delivery click here...
Fischer Mahogany Barograph 207MQ
Allow 6-8 weeks if not in stock
Introduction about what makes this product different to the others in the range and what its for.
- Quartz clockwork.
- Runs in 3 modes: daily, weekly, and monthly
- Movement brass and steel, with flat chrome finish
- Ships to New Zealand and Australia
- High Quality Materials
- Highly Accurate.
What does a barograph measure?
- A barometer displays the present pressure and the change of pressure since it was last set using a marker hand on the dial.
- A barograph records the history of the pressure on a paper chart, wrapped around a clock-driven drum.
- Underway on a fully crewed vessel, the logbook serves as a detailed record of pressure changes.
- On overnight anchorages, a printed barograph trace is a convenient way to learn how the pressure changed during the night when there was no watch to record it.
- It uses a set of 7 aneroid capsules with a diameter of 62 mm made from copper-beryllium alloy. This material essentially eliminates age-hardening, hysteresis, and elastic after effects that could otherwise degrade the accuracy.
- The influence of temperature on the set of aneroid capsules and the transmission system is compensated by use of bi metal components over the full measuring range and for temperatures between -30 to +40 °C (-22 to 104 °F).
- All contacts in the movements are jeweled to reduce friction.
Measuring range used for altitude
955 to 1055 hPa
930 to 1030 hPa
905 to 1005 hPa
880 to 980 hPa
855 to 955 hPa 0 to 150 m above sea level
150 to 350 m above sea level
350 to 600 m above sea level
600 to 850 m above sea level
850 to 1,100 m above sea level
- Electronic quartz clockwork
- Can be shifted to take daily weekly or monthly measurements
- Revolution times changeable: daily revolution 25.6 h, weekly revolution 176 h, monthly revolution 783 h
- Autonomous operation 12 month with battery type LR6 autonomous operation 1 week
- Note that the mechanical clocks do not have a monthly mode.
- Weekly rotations are the most common used with barographs
- The recording instruments are delivered complete with fibre pens and a year's supply of recording charts.
- Weekly charts are the standard that are provided unless requested otherwise.
- Fischer instruments are unique in offering an option on each model with enhanced dampening for barograph use at sea.
- After you chose your model and timing option, the extra dampening can be selected.
- There is no need for this option for land based operations.
- The paper charts are the same size for all models: 92mm tall by 302 mm long.
- Charts marked in inches of mercury are also available on request.
- height 93 mm diameter 93.3 mm
- height of registration 80 mm
- chart division 1 hPa
Who would use an Aneroid Barograph?
- Larger yachts and ships,
- Land based weather bureaus,
- Many are in use in the UK Met Offices and other European weather services, as well as by individual weather watchers, worldwide.
- Fischer barographs are used by navies and weather services, worldwide.
What colours does it come in?
Mahogany and Flat Chrome
What materials is it made of?
- Solid wood / Mahogany
- Movement brass and steel, with flat chrome finish
- Quartz clockwork.
How big is it?
- 345 x 170 x 180mm
Is their a warranty?
All of our Fischer products have a 2 year manufacturers warranty learn more about warranties and how they work here...
Why should I buy from you?
Our company has evolved from a history of watch repair and clock servicing. Our strong servicing background provides you with a reassuring guarantee on all products sold through us.
Why choose a Fischer Barographs and Nautical equipment?
Even in these modern times of satellites and Internet, the atmospheric pressure measured with a personal barometer remains the most important indication of weather changes at your location. To evaluate present weather or to forecast coming weather, we need accurate barometric pressure. Most common barometers on the market are not accurate enough to serve this purpose. They are more decorative than functional.
How do I pay for it?
We use DPS Secure payment facitilites to ensure your details are safe. Learn all about payment, how to pay and what to expect.
What courier company do you use?
We use trusted courier company for our deliveries, learn more about shipping and delivery.
How do you package it to ensure it arrives safely.
All barometers and combined instruments are packaged separately in a neutral coloured , fully recyclable cardboard box . Consisting of a least 60% recycled paper. We realise that clocks & barometers are delicate , learn more about our packaging practices and the lengths we go to, to ensure your orders arrive in great condition.
Do you offer Gift Wrapping?
Yes we will package up your weatherstation with bubble wrap and reinforced cardboard then wrap it in gender neutral wrapping paper and adorn it with a bow. Learn more about the gift wrapping process here... We can also help you if you are you looking for a corporate gift.
Will you ship to the receivers address?
Yes we do! Why pay shipping twice? To arrange shipping direct to the them just fill out their shipping details when you are in our online checkout.
How long will it take to arrive?
So what are you waiting for? Have your barographs wrapped with care and delivered to your door (or theirs) FAST!